An Active Westminster tennis forum has been created consisting of a range of public, private and voluntary organisations with an interest and influence in tennis. The forum is looking to appoint an exciting new role to implement and deliver on objectives for the Westminster Tennis Development Plan. The role is a 2 year fixed term contract working 20 hours per week.
Key aspects of the role will include:
• To work with City of Westminster Tennis Steering Group to develop borough wide development plan
• Deliver objectives of Westminster Tennis Development Plan
• To promote all new tennis opportunities within Westminster and communicate tennis offer
• Increase opportunities to participate in tennis
• Work with Tennis partners, Schools, Higher Education Facilities and Low Participation Groups to increase participation and usage of tennis within the borough
• Management of tennis development programmes within the City of Westminster whilst managing programme expenses
• Develop and implement competition structures for the borough with talent identification pathways
• To provide performance reports and tennis updates
• To oversee the management of agency/third party service provision, monitor and evaluate performance and take corrective action as required that will ensure the provision of high quality and best value services.
The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to carry out research and work with local communities to determine how well their tennis service needs are being met and potential development opportunities.
• The ability to analyse problems and situations, and prepare and deliver appropriate projects/initiatives
• The ability to persuade and influence staff at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and IT literate
• Event management and co-ordination skills
• Experience of sourcing external funding
• Evidence of partnership working
• LTA Licence with Club Coach or Performance Coach minimum qualification
• Ability to be flexible
• Discounted Membership scheme
• Option of external coaching hours
As an Employer of choice for the leisure sector we employ over 4,500 people in a variety of jobs. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sections of the community. If you feel your experience matches this exciting role please complete an applicaiton form