We are recruiting for 12 Apprentices across 9 London Boroughs: Barnet, Camden, Ealing, Hackney, Lambeth, Merton, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest and Reigate and Banstead Borough Council.
Working for GLL, one of London’s leading social enterprises, on completion of a successful swim test and interview you will be offered a place on the Recreation Apprenticeship Scheme.
The Recreation Apprenticeship Scheme will cover:
• A paid work placement at a GLL Leisure centre
• The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
• First Aid Qualification
• Certificate in Leisure Operations
Key aspects of the role will include:
• Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Preparation of activity areas and equipment
• Attendance at regular pool training.
If you are a strong swimmer, keen to learn and an enthusiastic team player you could find yourself enjoying the following benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Discounted Membership
• Ride to Work Scheme
• Pension scheme
• Career development opportunities
• Extensive training prospects
Employees on the Recreation Apprenticeship Scheme will be required to work 30 – 40 hours per week starting on £2.60 per hour, moving to £6.41 per hour and to £15,998 per annum dependant upon age.
If your interested in an Apprenticeship with a view to securing a full-time position upon completion please register your interest by completing an application form.